Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade for the Blackjack is released!

I just saw the announcement on SmartphoneThoughts.com.  I'm about to start the install... we'll see what happens!  Will i end up with a brick, a shiny new OS, or a buggy POS like the old Dell Axim X50v WM5 upgrade from a couple of years ago?

I can't believe the upgrade software doesn't work with Vista.  It's been out for over a year folks!  You have no excuse!

Downloading...

.. and I'm stuck at installing the Samsung Modem drivers.  I've tried on 2 Windows XP machines with no luck.  I'm going to scour the AT&T forums to see if anyone has already figured out how to get past this issue...

Success!  I finally tried re-downloading the modem drivers, and they installed correctly on my very old Toshiba laptop.  So I'm in the process of reloading my applications, updating to Office Mobile 6.1, etc.  So far, I can say it's great to finally have WM6! 

3 comments:

T-T-Tommy said...

Glad to see another BlackJack user up and running. I have 4 of them to upgrade amongst my friends.
Here's my link to how I did it. Maybe one of your viewers will find it useful.

T-T-Tommy said...

I think I forgot the link.. duh.

http://carolinaregion.blogspot.com/2008/02/at-cingular-users-windows-mobile-6-on.html

Joe Future said...

Thanks for the link!