Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Hypermiling Story on the Evening News

This morning, a news crew from ABC 11 Eyewitness News in Raleigh/Durham, NC rode with me on my trip to work to learn about hypermiling.  They aired the segment tonight (I'll post video when I can).  For now, you can see the text of the story here at the station's website:

Hypermiling in the Triangle (ABC11.com)

I'd especially like to thank Tim Nelson for approaching me to do this story and in particular for not making me look like a complete wacko.  Instead, he did a great job (I thought) of focusing on the practical methods most people can employ to get better mileage.  I hope this is encouraging to everyone who saw the segment and more people take advantage of the tips!

Update (7/11):  They've added the video segment to the story posting now.  Enjoy!

No comments: