Thursday, September 4, 2008

Better battery life on Blackjack II with WM6.1?

Is it just me, or are you also getting much better battery life on your Blackjack II after upgrading to WM6.1?  I haven't run any scientific tests, but I've definitely noticed an improvement.  Granted, after the hard reset, I haven't installed all of my apps back yet.  A couple of these had tasks that run in the background (SOTI Pocket Controller Pro and SplashMoney), but beyond that, I'm running all the same apps. 

For example, in the past, I could start with a full charge before leaving for the office.  With Tiny Twitter updating every 4 minutes and "as items arrive" Exchange e-mail synchronization, I would be down to 2 bars by about lunchtime.  Today, I'm still at 4 bars of battery (estimating about 80% life remaining) and it's past 9pm!

I'm curious to know if this is just my observation or if you're seeing better battery life too?  Or worse?

No comments: